Recently I came across a issue with my iPad, it was not charging while being connected to the wall socket the battery kept discharging and I started to look up why was this happening and didn’t get any perfect answer or explanation why this was happening.
All I came across was the following:
- Check for any obstruction in the charging socket of the device
- Check if the lighting cable is OK
- Check if the adapter is Original
- Check if the power supply is OK
These are basic commmon sense, people would always check this and why would anyone use a duplicate or cheap cale when they have got the original one with them.
So I though may be the issue is with the power socket and I checked for my iPod Touch 5th Gen and iPhone 5S they both charged like charm and I concluded that their is some issue with the iPad its not the charger nor the cable nor the power supply. Even I tried with my laptop USB to which both iPhone and my iPod Touch started charging and iPad showed a Not Charging Sign on the top.
- Put the iPad to Airplane mode
- Switch Off Once and Turn back on again
- Connect the lightning cable from the same power adapter and leave if for few hours
Yieppp the battery is now charged.
I am still not clear why this happened, but I have conlucded few things:
Never let your iPad battery drain less than 15%
If the battery is less than 15% always connect to a charger on Airplane Mode this chargers faster